Sunday, April 14, 2013

Chainmaille! Micromaille, at that...

OK, so some won't call 24g 1/16" micromaille, but I do. It's itty-bitty and a pain to get decent closures on. But, at the same time, I love the feel of it and the way it makes Euro 4/1 and Byzantine look. So dense, yet flowing at the same time.

This one, I just finished today. It's in Euro 4/1, 24g 1/16" stainless steel. I used to have one like this a few years ago, but I traded it at the Louisiana Ren Fest to one of the vendors and got some awesome earrings and ear cuffs for it. I'm partial to the tube clasp on it. I had been saving it for this project, and finally got to sit down and work on it. I wish I could remember where I bought it at, in case this one breaks. Ah well.


This is the chain and pentacle I wear day in, day out. I finished this chain a while back, but just now got around to taking a photo of it. These rings are 24g 1/16" as well, in sterling silver and green anodized titanium. The weave used is Byzantine. At this AR, the weave is almost round instead of its usual square-y-ness.


If you're interested in learning more about chainmaille, this is the best site on the web for it - MAIL.

No comments:

Post a Comment