Sunday, October 7, 2012

Crocheted Plarn Tote with Lining

I had posted a partially completed tote I was working on over the summer, and I finally finished it just before school started again. Can you tell I've been busy and not posting on here? :P

The pattern I used came from Interweave Crochet magazine and was for regular yarn, IIRC. Being the ever broke college student, I bypassed the monetary expenditure and used plarn. When it was done I decided it would be my school bag this year, but I was afraid of stretching issues. To avoid that, I lined it with part of an old blue (black, really) jean shirt.

Here's the original.


And here's mine. I did the big bag, if you can't tell.


The white bags are the fully white portions of WalMart, ThankYouThankYouThankYou bags, and Raising Cane's bags for the most part. There are a few others in there probably, but that's where most of the all white comes from.

The brown bags are from Home Depot, Piggly Wiggly, Albertsons, brown ThankYouThankYouThankYou bags, Super 1 and a few other places that I can't remember right now. UPDATE! I remembered some others: Toys R Us, old Rouses bags and Ace hardware.

I really like the tweed kind of look the brown has with all the little snippets of other colors. The plain white balances that out.

Very slowly, I'm working on making my mom her own like this. She wants grey and pink with maybe some black or white on it too. The pink comes from Body Shop, and the grey is Lowes, Auto Zone and sometimes Dollar Tree. Hers will probably be lined with an old button up shirt I have that's a nice heavy black material.

No comments:

Post a Comment